Performance issue deadline monitoring

Koenraad Janssens koenraad.janssens at sidmar.arcelor.com
Fri Jan 16 08:19:11 EST 2004

Hello All

We have an urgent performance issue.  We use deadline monitoring with
SWWDHEX.  The problem is that the order registrations have increased
enormously the last months.  (that's what you get after a merger)  As a
result also our active workflows have increased.  We use deadline
monitoring for various steps in these workflows.  Our problem now is that
everytime SWWDHEX runs a lot off tasks start running at the same time and
take over all available dialog steps on the server with a dramatical
result on performance.

The question is if there is any way in limiting the amount of dialog steps
this event can take in simultaneously.  Any other ideas to tackle this
problem are offcourse more then welcome!

Kind regards

Koenraad Janssens
Sidmar N.V.- ISM
Leverage Team - Programmer
Tel: +32 9 347 35 76
E-mail: koenraad.janssens at sidmar.arcelor.com
There are 10 kinds of people in the world - those who know binary and
those who don't

This message should only be read by those persons to whom it is
addressed, and may contain confidential information, the disclosure
of which is prohibited. This message is not intended to create rights
or obligations without subsequent written confirmation of its contents.
If you have received this message in error, please notify us immediately