Significant Change in PR's

Mark Pyc Mark.Pyc at boots.co.uk
Tue Jan 13 09:29:51 EST 2004

G'day Karyn,

Don't know if you got a response to this yet. I had the same situation at
a client site, I've just been waiting for a refresher of the details
(thanks Albert!).

I created a new event on the subtype 'PGrpChanged' and raised it via
change docs (SWEC - Cond PGRP_Old <> PGRP_New). In the Workflow there is a
fork at the top which branches to a Wait for Event on the new event.

When the event occurs you need to validate that the Release Code hasn't
changed by using comparisons of the current Object Attribute and a
Workflow Container element. If the release code has changed it indicates
that although the PGrp has changed another Significant Change has also
occurred. In this situation you don't need to do anything further and just
let the Workflow complete. The Sig Chng will look after the starting of
another instance of the Workflow.

If the Release Code hasn't changed it means that the PGrp change was the
only change. In this case you need to raise the 'ReleaseStepCreated' event
yourself and end the Workflow. Be careful about the load of the event
creator value.

This solution has been live for close to 6 months and I haven't heard of
any major problems.

In a recent discussion with another WF consultant the belief was that it
should be possible to include the PGrp into your release strategy
definition, however I was lead to believe at the time by the functional
consultant that it either wasn't possible or wasn't desirable.

Have fun,
Mark

"Stonis, Karyn" <kstonis at rsasecurity.com>
Sent by: SAP Workflow <Owner-SAP-WUG at MITVMA.MIT.EDU>
08/01/2004 15:22
Please respond to SAP Workflow Users' Group