EBP Shopping Cart goes to all users when SLAPPROVER value is bad

Dart, Jocelyn jocelyn.dart at sap.com
Thu Jan 8 19:44:42 EST 2004

Hi David,
There has been some work done to prevent this - as per OSS note 491804.
If 491804 is not handling all occurrences then report it back to OSS and get them
to fix it.  I would consider the situation you have described as a bug - under no circumstances should
a failed agent determination result in an email to all possible agents.

There has been a continual improvement in this area but the determination
procedures are complex so developers need this sort of feedback when things go wrong.

It is also possible to improve the robustness of the SLAPPROVER attribute by setting up
appropriate search helps and validation, so it would be worthwhile suggesting this be done also.

This has not yet been done in SRM 3.0 (EBP 4.0).

If you want to do something in the meantime, I notice that in table T77OMATTR
there is an opportunity to include a check function module.  Not sure if this exists
in your version but it does actually let you validate the attribute according to your own rules.

You can change table T77OMATTR - just use transaction SM30 - e.g. to add custom attributes or
checks - just be careful not to lose the standard SRM attributes or their settings.

Regards,
        Jocelyn Dart
Consultant (SRM, EBP, Workflow)
and co-author of the book