No Administrator found - After HR patches applied

Rick Sample Rick.Sample at gbe.com
Tue Jan 6 10:08:48 EST 2004

thanks!

>>> Scheinoha.John at basco.com 1.6.2004 9:06:03 AM >>>
Rick,

   We upgraded to 4.6 service pack level 44.  After we applied OSS
Notes 653093 and 658738, the problem went away.  This was the only WF
issue I remember after our service pack upgrade.  We did our service
pack upgrade September, 2003.  Hope this helps.

John

>>> Rick.Sample at gbe.com 01/06/04 08:13AM >>>
I found that the srv packs updated all but 658738.
I did an initial check of the srv packs that went up but did not
see any reference to any of these issues in the descriptions.

When you did the srv pack upgrade did you note any other
WF issues / notes that needed to be applied in addition?

Thanks!

>>> Rick Sample 1.5.2004 3:33:42 PM >>>
Sorry, 4.6C.

I am reviewing the notes. 653093 and 658738
653093 refers to applying 613544 first.

I am seeing this being suggested changes:
613544 -> 653093 -> 658738 in this order. Yes?

This sure 'sounds' like our issue but not sure how / when this
happened.
Before I start applying OSS Notes, is there any thing else you can
suggest
I should look at? I want to exhaust all other possibilities and confirm
this to management.

Thanks Much!

P.S.
The Holidays were not long enough...

>>> Scheinoha.John at basco.com 1.5.2004 2:33:22 PM >>>
Rick,

   What version of SAP are you on?  When we did our upgrade from 4.5B
to 4.6C we would occasionally get the following error message when a
work item is executed "5W 141 No Administrator Found for Task".  If
this
is the situation you are referring to, there are three OSS notes that
will fix the problem:

   OSS Notes 653093 and 658738.  OSS Note 653093 is a pre-requisite to
OSS Note 658738.

   I hope this helps.

John Scheinoha
Briggs & Stratton Corporation
(414) 256 - 5136
scheinoha.john at basco.com

>>> Rick.Sample at gbe.com 01/05/04 01:51PM >>>
I have an issue with one task 20000460 : CATS: Approval by superior.

HR applied some patches last month and for some reason I can not
longer

take over the task. I am in SWU3 as the Admin.

Not a SWU_OBUF issue because I can not take over these tasks on any
date.
Refreshed anyway...

Checked other Tasks and can take over all but this one.

I looked at our Dev and Q boxes. All OLD Time Tasks I can take over
and
change at will.
All NEW tasks i.e. after the patches we installed I can not take over.

I get "No Administrator found".

This was working since go-live, so I can only assume that something
"happened" when applying these patches.

Thanks!