Handeling locked objects during background steps in workflows.

Kouw, FA - SPLXE fa.kouw at td.klm.com
Thu Feb 26 08:36:22 EST 2004

Hi,

What you can do is define an (application) error for the method that updates the status of the project. In case that error is returned (from the method to the task to
your workflow) a loop returns to that same step (in case the status update is successful the workflow leaves the loop and continues). You should figure out what is the
best interval to use for  'requested start' for the step so it is being executed after that period of time.

If you use a temporary error then the step is automatically retried a number of times (as specified in tx SWWD), but if the project is still locked after retrying x times
the workflow will go into error.

Regards,

Fred Kouw

ezra wrote:

> Hello,
> I have a workflow for projects approval.
> The actual approval steps takes place while activating user\system statuses of the project (Transaction CJ20N).
> I use decision steps followed by background steps to set the status by ABAP code,
> this may cause problems when one user is working on the project using the CJ20N transaction, and the other user is using the decision step to approve the project.
> This situation may cause data\flow inconsistencies.
>
> How can I use the standard locking mechanism during the workflow to wait until the project is unlocked and only then run my ABAP code to set the statuses?
> I thought about placing a wait step right before a background (status change) step, that will listen to an UNLOCK event of the project object, or something like that,
> Is there a better way to do that ? Is there a standard mechanism in the workflow system that knows how to handle these kind of situations ?
>
> Thank you,
> Elad.
>
> _________________________________________________________________________________________
> This inbound message from KPN has been checked for all known viruses by KPN IV-Scan, powered by MessageLabs.
> For further information visit: http://www.veiliginternet.nl
> _____________________________________________________________________________________________

This e-mail and any attachment may contain confidential and privileged
material intended for the addressee only. If you are not the addressee, you
are notified that no part of the e-mail or any attachment may be disclosed,
copied or distributed, and that any other action related to this e-mail or
attachment is strictly prohibited, and may be unlawful. If you have received
this e-mail by error, please notify the sender immediately by return e-mail,
and delete this message. Koninklijke Luchtvaart Maatschappij NV (KLM), its
subsidiaries and/or its employees shall not be liable for the incorrect or
incomplete transmission of this e-mail or any attachments, nor responsible
for any delay in receipt.