Looking for Documentation on Purchase Order Workflow and PO Release Strategy

Trant, David David.Trant at andrew.com
Wed Feb 25 15:55:45 EST 2004

Thanks for your excellent tips.  The white paper was especially thorough.  =
I have another question for the group:

In the standard functionality (purchase order release strategy and workflow=
 WS 20000075), there does not seem to be any mechanism to reject a purchase=
 order.  In ME28, you either release the PO or you don't.  The cancel relea=
se seems to only apply after the fact if someone releases and later changes=
 their mind.  Likewise, the workflow watches for cancellation or significan=
t changes, but simply ends that instance should those occur.  We'd like a m=
anager to be able to actively reject an approval with a descriptive reason =
sent back to the requestor.  It seems the standard functionality allows a m=
anager to simply not release the PO, in which case it just sits there indef=
initely.

My expectation is that we will modify the standard workflow to add some "ac=
cept / reject" pushbuttons to the approval step.  Of course, this will add =
a keystroke for routine approvals similar to confirm end of processing.  Ca=
n anyone confirm that I'm on the right track here and am not missing someth=
ing in standard delivered functionality to provide for such a rejection?

Thanks,
David