Automatic forwarding (for RSWUWFML) cannot be established whe n a user has email address maintained

Michael Pokraka workflow at quirky.me.uk
Thu Feb 19 12:24:39 EST 2004

Hi,
Good point. A bit of background on this: the reason is to avoid spam. i.e=
.
most mail servers will make sure that the @wherever.com exists before
accepting any mail (spammers change sender domains frequently to avoid be=
ing
blacklisted, weeding out the false ones helps a little).

It only needs to exist, but doesn't need to be reachable from the outside=
 - so
you can even give it a valid dummy address for added security. Your netwo=
rks
folk would be able to get this added to the internet DNS if this is neces=
sary,
it shoud be a 5 minute job.
The slightly longer version would be to configure your internet-facing ma=
il
system to reroute @sap.company.com mail back to SAP (or wherever) if you =
plan
to receive external mail on these addresses as well, but again your netwo=
rks
folks should already have all the know-how.

Cheers
Mike