Looking for Documentation on Purchase Order Workflow and PO Release Strategy

Trant, David David.Trant at andrew.com
Thu Feb 12 12:47:41 EST 2004

I've noticed a fair amount of activity lately on purchasing workflow which =
I've found very enlightening.  Like Kim looking for documentation earlier, =
I'm on a quest for presentations, white papers, etc., on implementing purch=
ase order approval.  I didn't find anything in the ASUG presentation archiv=
es under procurement or workflow/webflow and searching the WUG archives has=
 yield either too little or too much information depending on my search par=
ameters.

We've had basic PO functionality for quite some time, but without release s=
trategy (our approvals have been manual).  We are currently adding both rel=
ease strategy functionality and the corresponding workflow piece to purchas=
e orders for one location, with plans to roll the functionality out globall=
y over the next year.  The SAP online help is relatively straightforward, b=
ut I'm looking for the tips, tricks and pitfalls that the documentation doe=
sn't cover, plus guidance on how to best configure our characteristics, map=
 release groups/codes to the organization, satisfy authorization and audit =
requirements, etc.

Any good reading out there on the subject that someone could point me to?

Thanks,
David
contain privileged, proprietary, or otherwise private information. =20
this email is prohibited.