Tables SWW_CONT, SWW_CONTOB & SWWCNTPO...

Toledo, Joe Joe.Toledo at disney.com
Thu Feb 12 11:21:19 EST 2004

Hi all,

Update:  (Thanks to Jocelyn Dart)
=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D
>From 4.6 SAP has provided WAPIs (workflow APIs) that bring back workflow
data in a safe way.=20
One of the reasons, among many, was because the technical underside of
workflow is changing quite significantly as we move into WAS territory.=20

The WAPIs are a series of function modules prefixed with SAP_WAPI.=20

What function modules are available depends on your release, however to
find the information you need I would suggest the best routines are the
following:

SAP_WAPI_READ_CONTAINER - given a work item id this returns the
container in simple format SAP_WAPI_GET_OBJECTS - given a work item id
this returns the objects from the work item container
SAP_WAPI_WORKITEMS_TO_OBJECT - given an object type and key this returns
all the related work items SAP_WAPI_WORKITEMS_BY_TASK - find all work
items for a particular task/workflow

SWI6 also works that way in any system with basis release > 4.6D, e.g.
R3Enterprise (R/3 4.7).

Prior to 4.6C you would need to access the tables directly, but you
would also need to revisit this code on upgrade.=20
=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D

It took me less than 1 hour to "upgrade" the code in one of the reports
I developed to use the FMs you recommended and, of course, it works
GREAT!

Thanks again for your help!

Joe Toledo
The Walt Disney Company