Creating Excel attachment (code?)

Sergey Breslavets sergey.breslavets at epstechnology.com
Fri Feb 6 11:03:41 EST 2004

Hi Robert,

check out SO_DOCUMENT_MANAGER, i think it does what you need. It has =
parameter "Activity" which tells it what to do.=20

here's fragment of my code where i used it to attach external file to =
employee appraisal in PA workflow - i used activity=3D"IMPO", which =
caused it to display "open file" dialog for user to select file for =
attachment. You would need to use different activity code for your task =
- look at the source code to find out.

regards,
Sergey

--------------
*&---------------------------------------------------------------------*
*&      Form  CREATE_ATTACHMENT
*&            Attaches external file to employee appraisal
*&     Author Sergey Breslavets
*&---------------------------------------------------------------------*

FORM create_attachment USING p_plvar p_objid.
  DATA documents  TYPE STANDARD TABLE OF sood4.
  DATA document2   TYPE sood4.
  DATA attachment TYPE borident.
  DATA gs_object TYPE borident.

  DATA: p_ret LIKE sy-subrc.
  DATA: p_unsubscribe(1).
  DATA folder_id  TYPE sofdk.

  CLEAR p_unsubscribe.
  gs_object-objkey(2) =3D p_plvar.
  gs_object-objkey+2(8) =3D p_objid.
  gs_object-objtype =3D $pa_bapi.

  REFRESH documents.
  CLEAR document2.

  CALL FUNCTION 'SO_FOLDER_ROOT_ID_GET'
       EXPORTING
            region    =3D 'B'
       IMPORTING
            folder_id =3D folder_id
       EXCEPTIONS
            OTHERS    =3D 1.

  document2-foltp =3D folder_id-foltp.
  document2-folyr =3D folder_id-folyr.
  document2-folno =3D folder_id-folno.
  APPEND document2 TO documents.

  CALL FUNCTION 'SO_DOCUMENTS_MANAGER'
       EXPORTING
            activity  =3D 'IMPO'
       TABLES
            documents =3D documents.

  IF sy-subrc EQ 0.
    CLEAR document2.
    CLEAR attachment.
    READ TABLE documents INDEX 1 INTO document2.
    IF sy-subrc EQ 0.
      IF document2-okcode =3D 'CREA' OR document2-okcode =3D 'CHNG'.
        attachment-objtype =3D 'MESSAGE'.
        attachment-objkey  =3D document2(34).
        CALL FUNCTION 'BINARY_RELATION_CREATE'
             EXPORTING
                  obj_rolea    =3D gs_object
                  obj_roleb    =3D attachment
                  relationtype =3D 'ATTA'
             EXCEPTIONS
                  OTHERS       =3D 1.
        IF sy-subrc =3D 0.
          COMMIT WORK AND WAIT.
*          perform update_DLI using gs_object sy-uname
*                          changing p_ret       "subscribe/unsubscribe
*                                   p_unsubscribe.
*          if p_ret eq 0 and p_unsubscribe =3D $_TRUE.
*            perform update_DLI
*                    using gs_object sy-uname
*                  changing p_ret
*                           p_unsubscribe.    "update subscription
*         endif.
        ENDIF.
      ENDIF.
    ENDIF.
  ENDIF.
ENDFORM.                    " CREATE_ATTACHMENT