WF best practice for multiple approvers in seperate WI's ?

Jim Sauceman sauceman at tennessee.edu
Wed Feb 4 10:07:47 EST 2004

David,

We make heavy use of the dynamic parallel processing feature. In my =
humble
opinion, this technique has a tremendous advantage over a serial =
approach in
the overall elapsed time it takes to get a transaction fully approved. =
With
parallel processing, the transaction is fully approved in [only] the =
time it
takes for the last (i.e. slowest to respond) approver to complete =
his/her
work item. If serial or sequential approval is used, one has to add the =
time
it takes for each approver to the elapsed time. Let me know if you have =
any
specific questions or need further clarification.

Good luck!
=20
Jim Sauceman ...................... sauceman at tennessee.edu
The University of Tennessee