container elements settings

Michael Pokraka workflow at quirky.me.uk
Mon Feb 2 11:54:41 EST 2004

Aaaahhh, that rings a big gong! Though it may not be the right one. A whi=
le
back we had some really weird problem where elements would randomly not b=
transported. A retransport would do the trick to make them appear, perhap=
s you
could give that a go and the import/export is just coincidence, or it was=
 the
'common factor' that we missed at the time.

There was also a thread 2-3 months ago about transporting WF's three time=
s to
make sure they arrive safely... Ah, found it, just plug "Repetitive Trans=
port
Strategy" into wugarchive.com.

Cheers
Mike

Robert.vande.Berg at nuon.com wrote:
> Nice to know that.
> But when data is used in several tasks, shouldn't the parameters of the
workflow elements also be IMPORT and EXPORT?? I always thought that the d=
ata
is passed from the method (export), to the task (import/export) to the
workflowmodel (IMPORT) and then via the workflowmodel(EXPORT) to the next
task (import/export) to the next method (import).

> Big (/next) problem is that, when the container elements are NOT marked=
 as
IMPORT or EXPORT, the elements are not taken along in transport. Then, on
the target system, the workflow returns with syntax errors, because the
element which is used in a bindings, is not present.

> Regards,
> Robert

hod
level because the workflow has to be able to pass the data down through t=
he
task to the method.

> However the workflow may just be passing internal container elements to=
 the
task - i.e. to the workflow the task is just being used to do some sort o=
intermediate activity or calculation - the workflow itself doesn't need t=
pass that information out again to another workflow or event.

> You only need workflow container elements to be import/export if the
workflow is:
> * Accepting data from an event/calling workflow - import elements *
Returning data to a calling workflow - export elements

Robert.vande.Berg at nuon.com
> Sent: Friday,30 January 2004 11:49 PM
> To: SAP-WUG at MITVMA.MIT.EDU
> Subject: container elements settings
>

> All,
>
> When creating a task in a workflow model, the bindings are generated. T=
he
problem is that the generated container elements in the workflow model ar=
not marked as IMPORT nor EXPORT, but the elements in the task and the met=
hod
are marked as IMPORT and EXPORT.