Locking Purchase Requisitions via ME52N while in WF Process

Moore, Tim tim.moore at bearingpoint.com
Tue Dec 21 09:47:52 EST 2004

Hello all,

Is there a way to lock down a purchase requisition so that is can not be modified via 'ME52N' while in the WF process?

We need to lock and unlock the requisition on demand from the WF. Once WF is created, the requisition is to be locked. It will be unlocked when the appropriate WF agent opens their work item to process and relocked upon completion. The act turning on and off a switch through the WF is not the issue; the actual switch to trigger is functionality is what I'm looking for.

A temporary solution was to create a custom 'Z' transaction in place of the standard 'ME52N'. It calls a wrapper program that first checks to see if the requisition is in the WF process. If so, it does not allow change, but takes them to 'ME53N' instead. This is a dirty work around that is being revisited.

We are looking into custom code to manually update the enqueue, but that seems a bit dirty as well. Any other thoughts?

SAP_BASIS -  640 - SAPKB64009 - SAP Basis Component

SAP_APPL - 500 - SAPKH50001 - Logistics and Accounting

Thanks in advance,

Tim

The information in this email is confidential and may be legally privileged.  Access to this email by anyone other than the intended addressee is unauthorized.  If you are not the intended recipient of this message, any review, disclosure, copying, distribution, retention, or any action taken or omitted to be taken in reliance on it is prohibited and may be unlawful.  If you are not the intended recipient, please reply to or forward a copy of this message to the sender and delete the message, any attachments, and any copies thereof from your system.