Approver preview for subworkflows

Mark Pyc markpyc at hotmail.com
Tue Dec 14 11:33:43 EST 2004

G'day Raju,

Wrong Mark here but I'll give you my 2p all the same.

The need to create a Workflow per agent combination is usually not too bad.
The code that you will create in each of the AAGENT subtyped objects will
probably all be an indentical call to a reusable function module. The logic
that you use to determine the agents will also need to be available to a
Object Attribute of the shopping cart. By reusing the same logic you reduce
the coding and ensure that the Correct WF will be started for the required
agent combination.

Once you've created a three step WF, a four or five step WF is all just more
of the same. You may have extra permutations which make life more difficult,
but it's still largely a copy, cut & paste scenario that is tedious rather
than difficult. One site I was at was facing having around 12 different WFs.
I developed 3 fairly quickly to prove the concept worked, but fortunately
for them they upgraded and could use the N-Step. I have had a customer go
live with around 5 flows.

Providing you stick the formulaic pattern visibile by comparing the one
versus the two step workflow, and as long as you directly sub-type the
AAGENT object each time, the approval preview does work.

Have fun,
Mark