Line-Item Cost Object PO and/or Invoice approval

Andy Curtis abcurtis at gmail.com
Tue Dec 14 06:21:52 EST 2004

My present contract was to implement this process, with the addition
of Scanning and OCR'ing the data into SAP.  We started to look for
packaged solutions.  We found someone offering a packaged solution for
this process.

It has its own set of Z tables, and its own functionality to perform
the Approval process without workflow.  Well it calls a FM to run a
task.  Its all controlled by the packaged solution in its own Z
tables.

It does not appear to naturally work at the line item level, but there
are 48 user exits where site specific coding can be done, and will be
done by the company offering the packaged solution.

I did not recommend it, but they are buying it!  So the scope of my
contract went from 'loads of workflow' to 'none' !