Event Creation for HR Info type

Richard Marut rvmarut at earthlink.net
Thu Dec 2 21:58:04 EST 2004

I setup the event creation for info types 0001, 0002, 0006 and 0041 for a
delete, insert and update and created my own function modules that end up
calling function module SWE_EVENT_CREATE to trigger my own events against my
own business object.

Everything works fine except when I process changes to info type 0002. What
happens is that the function module for info type 0002 executes in addition
to the function module for info type 0001. Somehow, SAP is starting the
function module for info type 0001 setup and passing all entries that exist
even though they are out of the valid validity date range and have not been
changed.

Has anyone ever encountered this before? I guess I could check for a valid
validity date but I would like to know why SAP is passing invalid entries in
addition to why it's even calling the function module for info type 0001
since I am processing info type 0002 and not 0001.

I'm on an Enterprise 4.7 system.

Richard.