Transporting a workflow in 4.6c

Michael Marten michael.marten at philips.com
Wed Dec 1 10:53:37 EST 2004

Hello wf,
just a brainstorming..is it not better to use the "versioning" of workflow
templates in a controlled manner?

create initial version 0000 => transport to test
  etc.
change        version 0000 => transport to test
change        version 0000 => transport to test
                                                 => if accepted: transport
to production
create  new   version 0001 => transport to test
  etc.
change           version 0001 => transport to test
                                                    => if accepted:
transport to production

Then you always know which functionality is used in which version in which
system(!), or not?

Side effect::
    you can teach the people to describe in detail what they want in
version 0000 and what to change from version 000x to version 000(x+1)
...and put that into the documentation ;-)
.. and you know what to test in version 0008   but production has the
functionality of version 007
... and you know in production the functionality of still existing wf's
instances in version 0015,0016 but also for  last week  transported
version 017

Is this possible and feasible?
We are on 4.6.b

Michael

Alon Raskin <araskin at 3i-consulting.com>
Sent by:
SAP Workflow <Owner-SAP-WUG at MITVMA.MIT.EDU>
01.12.2004 14:39
Please respond to "SAP Workflow Users' Group"