Update: Workitems not completing after receiving terminating event

Dart, Jocelyn jocelyn.dart at sap.com
Thu Aug 26 18:56:47 EDT 2004

Robin,
As explained in the book there are TWO reasons for turning on the event queue: volume handling and error capture. Be careful not to confuse the two!

Error capture is to ensure that any event linkages in error are captured  so that they can be redelivered.
Error catpure should *always* be turned on in my view from 4.6C - this is the "Behaviour on Error Feedback" setting in SWEQADM/Basic Data - and in my view should always be "2 Mark linkage as having errors" in a QAS/PRD system, and "3 Don't deactivate linkage" in a DEV system.

Volume handling has absolutely nothing to do with error capture.  Volume handling is about slowing down the raising of events to avoid peak loads impacting the rest of the system and that's all. This should only be turned on if you really need it and needs to be set in the individual triggering event linkage.

If you are getting messages about system overloaded, it could just mean that there are errors in SM58 and no-one has been resolving them.  So check that out first.   And check your tRFC settings with your system administrators.

If you are concerned about the queue order, suggest you put your query into OSS and get an answer/recommendation from the horses mouth.

Regards,
Jocelyn