Separate workitems for same workobject

James J Seiter james.j.seiter at us.ibm.com
Tue Aug 24 11:25:48 EDT 2004

Need to send two separate workitems for the same workobject.
Have set workflow container SAPPOSITION as import, export, MULTILINE.

Container operation1 sets SAPPOSITION as the following:
SAPPOSITION
=     Assign (contents of table are deleted first)
S 10005871

Container operation2 sets SAPPOSITION as the following:
SAPPOSITION
<-    Add only to table (contents are extended)
S 10005892

Next is an activity to method for change material (Subtype ZBUS100106
delegated from BUS100106).
This is issuing two workitems as desired, but they are being issued under
the same workitem number.
So when the user for <S 10005871> has completed his activities they delete
the workitem.
Since they are issued under the same workitem number user <S 10005892> has
lost his workitem.

>From 'the book' page 119 it states that "There are many ways to CREATE
MULTIPLE WORKITEMS.....For instance you can use a list (a multiline
container element) assigned to a step in your workflow to CREATE MULTIPLE
WORKITEMS, one for each item in the list.

>From this, I would assume that each multiline container element would have
to be assigned it own unique workitem number.
Any assistance is appreciated.

James