What is your experience w/ Change documents and event trigger?

FAQ faq at saportal.net
Wed Aug 18 22:56:55 EDT 2004

Hello *,

I am thinking about triggering workflow events via change document objects.
After checking several tables, I had to realize that not that many data
elements are marked for Change Documents (besides the one, which already
create a workflow event).

If I would change the data element, but this data element is used in
multiple tables as a reference and therefore would create a certain event
for multiple potentially different reasons.

Would anybody share any experience w/ scenarios like this? I was thinking
about checking the correctness in INCLUDE objects, but I'm afraid to run a
check for each of all the change documents, which were triggered
"accidentally". What do you think about this? Any significant performance
impact?

Any information HIGHLY appreciated!

Cheers,

Tom