(urgent) Mass Approvals in UWL of EP 6

Cooper, John M John.Cooper at kcc.com
Fri Apr 30 12:25:15 EDT 2004

Taewoo,

The work items that show up in any of the views are controlled by
ItemType and View definitions in the XML configuration files.  In the
configuration iView for the UWL you can download the XML files to a
local directory, then edit them to customize the behavior of the UWL for
your situation.  Uwl.standard.xml is the highest level configuration
=66ile and contains all the Views that come with the UWL.  Uwl.webflow.xml
is next in the hierarchy, and is a generic configuration file for R/3
work items that do not have anything specific defined for them, and
uwl.webflow.SIDccc (where SID is the system ID and ccc is the client) is
the lowest level standard xml file.  The uwl.webflow.SIDccc file is
generated for you when you register systems in the UWL configuration
iView.

The standard 'Approvals' view is set up to show only Ad Hoc Workflow
items, because it only contains items that are of the
'uwl.task.approvals' type.  This is specified in the
'supportedItemTypes' parameter for the view, which is defined in the
uwl.standard.xml file. Every work item that comes from an R/3 workflow
will be of the 'uwl.task.webflow' type, so they will not be included in
the 'Approvals' view.  ItemType names are hierarchical, so the
'uwl.task' type includes both 'uwl.task.approvals' and
'uwl.task.webflow', and that's why both show up in the 'Tasks' view in
the UWL.

You can use the batch processing mode for work items coming from R/3,
but you will need to define an ItemType for the ones you are interested
in, assign the ItemType to the standard tasks that should be batch
processed, define a View for them to be displayed in (which can also
contain attributes from the workitem container), and add the view to the
navigation nodes defined in the uwl.standard.xml file.

I'm sorry I cannot go into all the details about how you actually
accomplish all this -- it would take many pages to explain it all, but
at least this will get you pointed in the right direction.  Take a look
at the xml files and I think you will figure it out.

Best regards,
John