EBP Confirmation Workfllow

Nicholas Brand nicholas.n.brand at uk.ibm.com
Wed Apr 28 06:38:26 EDT 2004

Jocelyn,

That's great, thank you.

The key function module you provided was META_PO_GETDETAIL for finding PO
info in the back-end system.

Using function module BBP_PD_CONF_GETDETAIL with the confirmation number as
input, I extract the back-end logical system and back-end PO number. Then
using function module META_PO_GETDETAIL with input of PO number, back-end
logical system and Services = X (!) I examine the returned field
PO_ITEMS-ITEM_CAT. If this has a value of '9' the PO relates to a limit
order in the EBP front-end system.

Just for info we are on EBP 3.5 with a back-end SAP system on 4.5c using
the classic scenario.

Kind regards,
Nicholas

             "Dart, Jocelyn"
             <jocelyn.dart at sap
             Sent by: SAP              SAP-WUG at MITVMA.MIT.EDU
             Workflow                                                   cc
             <Owner-SAP-WUG at MI
             TVMA.MIT.EDU>                                         Subject
                                       Re: EBP Confirmation Workfllow

             28/04/2004 07:44

             Please respond to
               "SAP Workflow
               Users' Group"

Nicholas,
You don't say what version of EBP or what deployment (classic, extended
classic, standalone, standalone light).

To read the confirmation use BBP_PD_CONF_GETDETAIL.
Get the purchase order/item from the confirmation header
or if you need to backend reference object(PO)/item/subitem from the item
level

Use BBP_PD_PO_GETDETAIL for purchase orders in SRM
META_PO_GETDETAIL for purchase orders in the backend (make sure you put
parameter services=X)

Both of these will return a table of the limits for that po.

No need to go back to the shopcart.

Jocelyn.