Using .Net connector and calling WAPI

Anthony Anter aanter at Insight.com
Thu Apr 15 18:19:37 EDT 2004

We have an application that sits outside SAP and is using .Net connector
and RFC's to communicate with SAP. We can call most WAPI functions with
no problem but when we call SAP_WAPI_EXECUTE_WORKITEM get error:

 ERROR:SAP.CONNECTOR.RfcSystemException: Access not possible using
'NULL' object reference

We believe this is due to RFC not having a client running when we call
the WAPI and the WAPI having no way of knowing the clients handle even
if we did. Is their a way to call a WAPI within a client using .Net
connector? Has anyone seen or developed something similar to this
before?

Thanks
Tony Anter