Discussion: Standard Workflow Templates Purpose

Paul Batey paul.batey at intelligroup.com.au
Thu Apr 15 09:53:44 EDT 2004

Evening all,

I am hoping to glean the purpose of the SAP standard templates.  To me
they are basic examples to point you in the right direction for your own
further development.  I have come across several specs recently that
start off...

"This is a simple workflow, just copy WS######## and allow for
escalation, changes, what the weather is, and then bung in some
completely different text for the task description"

By the time you have copied a standard template and wedged in the client
requirements it, to me, is always quicker to get the gist from the
standard, but then build it from scratch. This may not be true for the
backgroundy idoc type of things, but I have never been able to take a
standard and just switch it on.  This makes the whole idea of
SWDD_CONFIG meaningless, and a pain when you train people to say
SWDD_CONFIG is wonderful in BIT600, because it is never used.

Any thoughts folks?

Cheers,

Paul

---