How do the SRM-EBP Approval and Spend Limits work

Dart, Jocelyn jocelyn.dart at sap.com
Wed Apr 14 00:45:24 EDT 2004

Hi Jerry,
The ROLE attribute is only for the workflow scenario where users can apply for a userid
and that is sent to their manager for approval - in which case the ROLE attribute is used
to control which roles the manager can assign to new users.
Other than that its not used so far as I know.

So attach your security roles to your users as normal.

If you a looking for a subsitution approach the EBP inbox lets you set up HRUS_D2
user-to-user workflow substitutions.

As always, if you make someone your substitute then its up to you to ensure they have
the relevant piece of paper with signature or whatever required for the audit guys.

I wouldn't attempt to limit who you can substitute to - the workflow log records who
actually did what very well these days and in any case even requestors need substitutes
from time to time.
Jocelyn