AW: Changing GOS key within transaction?

Michael Pokraka workflow at quirky.me.uk
Fri Apr 9 09:30:25 EDT 2004

Hi Simone,
Thanks, that was closer to what I'm looking for and at least gave me
something to go on. Looking through the code (it's obsolete on 620), I se=
it calls the GOS_MANAGER class methods in any case so I went digging arou=
nd
there for what is now a good half a day :-) Ah, what we don't do sitting =
at
work over Easter.... I'll share my conclusions on three alternatives:

call method gos_manager->set_id_of_published_object
This seems to be the obvious choice based on the name but seems like it i=
used in callbacks only. Repeated calls only result in the message that on=
or other key is already in your object list, and doesn't affect the alrea=
dy
instantiated GOS.

The method used by SWU_OBJECT_PUBLISH adds the object into a table. Thus =
user clicking on GOS is first presented with a choice of objects (s)he's
already displayed. Nifty having GOS for multiple objects simultaneuosly, =
but
I think it may confuse people in this particular case.

Eventually I dug around the gos_manager constructor some more and found i=
had catered for already existing objects, so it seems the big hammer
approach works just fine: just set a new key and 'create object gos_manag=
er'
to your hearts content.... duh. And I wasted half a day on that.

Cheers
Mike