Forms vs Web Services vs ITS vs ...

Tony Bramhill BramhillT at dairyfarmers.com.au
Mon Sep 29 04:32:42 EDT 2003

Fellow wFlowers

Although a newbie to SAP workflow, I am trying to navigate the maze of
options available for implementing workflows. I'm researching the best way
to implement a material master update workflow: we want to allow different
groups of users to update different sections of the material master in
sequence. (A product development workflow). I am wondering about the best
way forward. Should I be using SAPForms? MAPI's seem to be discouraged..
Maybe Web Services used to implement the user interface into the material
master? We are on 4.5B (commiserations accepted) and starting the (long)
process of moving to 6.20 which will take about 12 months, so I need to do
something now which hopefully will not cause a roadblock later in that
migration, or have to be totally replaced. On the other hand I cannot wait
until WAS becomes available, yet ITS seems like a bad idea when it will be
superseded relatively soon..

What to do, what to do.. My head is spinning. Anybody have any thoughts or
suggestions?

Regards, in anticipation

Tony Bramhill

This e-mail is confidential and may contain legally privileged information
or copyright material.  If you are not the intended recipient you should not
read, copy or distribute, disclose or otherwise use the information in this
e-mail without written authorisation.  If received in error, please contact
us at once by return e-mail and then immediately delete both messages and
any attachments from your system.

Dairy Farmers do not accept liability in connection with any computer virus,
data corruption, delay, interruption, unauthorised access or unauthorised
amendment.