RFC to import attchment to a Lotus Application

Kjetil Kilhavn kjetilk at statoil.com
Tue Sep 9 02:23:48 EDT 2003

All I know of is the SAP Office functions (I think they are all in function
groups SO*) if your export is controlled from SAP, but your options depend
on your solution and the type of attachment. If you are calling from an
external function and the attachment is pure text (ASCII, HTML, XML or
something similar) you can create a wrapper RFC function to return a table
of text lines. Something similar is perhaps possible with binary
attachments as well. Of course you also need to have session control etc.

And as always we would all like to know if you are running SAP R/2 or the
latest version of SAP R/3 with all support packages. Your options depend on
your versions.
--
Kjetil Kilhavn

|--------+--------------------------------->
|        |          christophe.dargembeau at d|
|        |          ieteren.be             |
|        |          Sent by: SAP Workflow  |
|        |          <Owner-SAP-WUG at MITVMA.M|
|        |          IT.EDU>                |
|        |                                 |
|        |                                 |
|        |          08.09.2003 16:40       |
|        |          Please respond to "SAP |
|        |          Workflow Users' Group" |
|        |                                 |
|--------+--------------------------------->
  >-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------|
  |                                                                                                           |
  |       To:     SAP-WUG at MITVMA.MIT.EDU                                                                      |
  |       cc:     (bcc: Kjetil Kilhavn)                                                                       |
  |       Subject:     RFC to import attchment to a Lotus Application                                         |
  >-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------|

Hi Workflow Experts,

I search in SAP a remote function module to import attachment (linked to a
workitem) to an external application like Lotus Notes. I kow the RFC for
the description of the workitem (SAP_WAPI_WORKITEM_DESCRIPTION) and also
the RFC (SAP_WAPI_GET_ATTACHMENTS) to retreive the OBJECT KEY of the
attachment but I need to know an other RFC to export the attachment.

Does anybody know this RFC or other ways to solve my problem?

Thanks in advance!

 Kindest Regards,

Christophe d'Argembeau

this message.