General Forwarding Not Allowed - Terminate if Role Resolution has no Result

Rick Sample Rick.Sample at gbe.com
Fri Sep 5 09:58:10 EDT 2003

4.6c
I have a Task setup as General Forwarding Not Allowed and classified.
I have a role on the Task in the Maintain Agent Assignment for possible agents.
Also on this task I have the agent determined by role. I have the role setup
to Terminate if Role Resolution has no Result.

I am working with HR data so I can't allow just forwarding these forms around to users
that are "possible" agents of the task. I need to send to a specific manager so the failing
of the task is what I want and expected.

I can not forward, complete manually, or take over the task myself when it errors out.
The only two options I see are to Delete Logically or correct the agents data to satisfy
the role res and restart after error.

If I, as the WF Admin, want to change the agent and forward to the next manager up in the org,
I don't seem to be able to do so. Works as designed?

With Forwarding not allowed, is the task working as designed? Meaning, is it doing
exactly what I am telling it to do and the only way to change the agent as the WF Admin
is to make this a General Task or General Task with forwarding?

I feel fairly confident that if I can not find the agent and the agent does not satisfy the
role res, it will error out. i.e. not show up in EVERYONEs inbox that is a possible agent.

My question is how do I manage these Tasks as a WF Admin when the role fails?

If one of my HR Forms like Change in Pay for my CIO popped up in every manager in the
company, I could assume that the next HR Form which I created (Termination) would follow it!
The irony!