AW: How delete WI/WF from PROD sys. without using SWWL?

Yaron David YAROND at il.ibm.com
Wed Sep 3 08:27:08 EDT 2003

Hi Tomasz & thanks,

Can you please explain step by step how to delete by "Delete logically"
the whole workflow (4.6c)

T.I.A
Yaron

                      "Zmudzin,Tomasz,FRANK
                      FURT,Extern LG-DM"           To:       SAP-WUG at MITVMA.MIT.EDU
                      <Tomasz.Zmudzin at de.ne        cc:
                      stle.com>                    Subject:  AW: How delete WI/WF from PROD sys. without using SWWL?
                      Sent by: SAP Workflow
                      <Owner-SAP-WUG at MITVMA
                      .MIT.EDU>

                      03/09/2003 12:32
                      Please respond to
                      "SAP Workflow Users'
                      Group"

Dear David,

There's a couple of points to be observed here:

1. First of all -- if the workflow has not been started "by mistake", do
not
delete the item -- just reassign it to the correct agent.

2. You are right NOT to use SWWL in a production system -- but SWWH is only
a complement to it, which allows you to "Delete log data as well" if you
have not requested this in SWWL. Therefore:
  -- SWWH will not delete your work items
  -- Deleting via SWW* is a bad idea -- and you're right to avoid it

3. If you still want to delete, you should "logically delete" the whole
workflow (in the WF log double-click on the WF header, go to change mode,
"Delete logically"). This will do the trick -- but will leave all the logs
in place, so you keep the trace on what happened

Best regards,
Tomasz