Deadline Monitoring

Dart, Jocelyn jocelyn.dart at sap.com
Mon Sep 1 04:07:54 EDT 2003

Hi Monique,
There isn't a lot to it, plus there's a wizard for traditional modelled deadline monitoring if you want to cancel the current work item and start a new process.
It would help if you were more specific about what you want to do with deadline monitoring...
but really your only choices are:
* Simple deadlines - send a deadline notification work item
* Modelled deadline - set up a deadline outcome and trigger whatever process you want after that onto the deadline outcome
This is explained in the book.  Did you have a look in the Tips & Tricks chapter in the appendix?  This explains both how to use factory calendar dates with deadlines and how to use modelled deadlines for a couple of common scenarios.
There's also a couple of sections of stuff on deadlines in the Workflow Builder chapter.
Regards,
        Jocelyn Dart
Consultant (SRM, EBP, Workflow)
and co-author of the book