Single ending of several workflows

Weaver, Karen Karen.Weaver at Sonopress.com
Tue Oct 21 09:59:19 EDT 2003

Another approach would be as follows:

1.  Store the requested information for approval in a custom table.
2.  Have a check function which will ensure that the approver has only one
workitem in their inbox.
3.  Upon execution of the workitem, an ALV report will show the approver the
current items for approval.

The nice thing about this approach is there is only one outstanding
workitem, which my users like.  This will require proper table maintenance
of the data on your part.

-----Original Message-----
From: Gordan [mailto:gflego at globalnet.hr]
Sent: Tuesday, October 21, 2003 9:48 AM
To: SAP-WUG at MITVMA.MIT.EDU
Subject: Single ending of several workflows

Hello all,

I have requirement to streamline workflow for confirming of request for
payment.

Approver can have up to several hundreds of request per day (in extreme
situation) from the same requester (organization). I would like to give
him/her option to approve with radio button or flag because the most
important thing is amount and all other data are not so relevant for
approval.

I am thinking of something like ALV list on which will be information about
amount, due date and vendor data with option (radio button or flag) to
approve or reject in single row. Process is more oriented on cash flow than
on rejection of requests (approval is more or less matter of days, rejection
is very rare). It will be nice to have sum of all approved amounts.

If I want to do this on such way, multiple workflows (each started with
single request for payment) need to end in single end. Is that possible? Can
you suggest alternative or different approach

TIA

Gordan