Vendor Creation Approval Workflow

Walker Jennifer - NAO Florence Office Jennifer.Walker at zf.com
Mon Oct 20 18:06:24 EDT 2003

Has anyone created a vendor creation approval workflow?

I just returned from BIT601 and want to make certain I am preparing this
first official workflow correctly.
Does anyone have any suggestions/alternatives?

Steps:

1.      Plant authorized user performs "custom" transaction to enter
information to centrally create a vendor.
2.      Upon save, Z table is updated with vendor information / Workflow
event is triggered
3.      Standard task is executed to send SAPmail to approver of direct
vendors.  The information from table is displayed in an
SAPmail and approver makes decision to "Create" or "Reject Creation of
Vendor".
4.      If Create ->  LFA1 object / Create Method is called to centrally
create Vendor with information from above table.
4A. If Create ->   Vendor no and message is sent to Original Workflow
initiator and to approver
5.      If Reject Creation -> (i.e. Similar Vendor already exists / avoid
duplicate vendors) - Message is sent to Original Workflow
initiator that Vendor creation was rejected.  Approver manually notes
existing Vendor No in message.

Does this type of workflow dictate the creation of a new table to capture
vendor data plus the addition of new "Approve" method?

Sincerely,

Jennifer Walker