Deadline Monitoring

Manju Thangudu manjuwf at yahoo.co.in
Fri Oct 17 16:52:43 EDT 2003

Task Deadline - Go to the task in the workflow step->requested start date-> key in the time delay you wish for that task.  When you execute the workflow this task will show on SWI1 as a task in 'Wating'.

Externally the deadline monitoring job needs to be turned on to monitor these in status, evaluate and kick them off.  The path for that is Tools-> bus wf->Development ->adminsitration->workflow runtime->Workitem deadliine monitoring-> (transactions in particular are swwa and swwb.

****CAUTION***** if deadline montoring was not on and you are going to turn on consider that it applies to all workflows.  So you would impact all preexisting workflows in production.

Due to this reason I had opted to do a different thing.

1.  Using the Task level delayed start feature i put the work item in WAITING status.
2.  I have a job scheduled to read all waiting workitems associated with my specific workflow and evaluate.  If overdue i have send the appropriate workitem and complete the workitem.
"Stephens, Monique S L" <moniques at bcm.tmc.edu> wrote:
Is there anyone that can give me some good instructions on deadline
monitoring and how to set it up? I have the Practical Workflow for SAP book
but did not find a lot of information on it. We are currently on version
4.6C.

Monique Stephens
SAP Analyst
Baylor College of Medicine
713-798-1349
713-798-1326 (FAX)

Yahoo! India Matrimony: Find your partner online.Post your profile.