URL in task description

deidre_logan@goodyear.com deidre_logan at goodyear.com
Wed Oct 15 13:12:27 EDT 2003

how do you create the link to c:\R3.sap in the workflow?

what is the syntax of the link?

thanks

dede

                      Bijay Shrestha
                      <Bijay.Shrestha at gen         To:      SAP-WUG at MITVMA.MIT.EDU
                      mills.com>                  cc:      (bcc: Deidre Logan/NA/GDYR)
                      Sent by: SAP                Subject: Re: URL in task description
                      Workflow
                      <Owner-SAP-WUG at MITV
                      MA.MIT.EDU>

                      10/15/03 11:53 AM
                      Please respond to
                      SAP Workflow Users'
                      Group

John,

Yes it's possible. This is how we are doing.

We have created a shortcut for the sapgui in the user's desktop e.g. c:
\\R3.sap. When you create the shortcut you can also define the transaction
code "SBWP" so that user is directly taken to the Workplace. We then attach
a link to this shortcut in the body message of email that we create in one
of the step.

The approver gets the email with the link in the body message. User clicks
on the hyperlink which calls the shorcut and logs in from there. If he
already in the system prior to this he'll be automatically logged into the
system.

Hope this will help.

Bijay Shrestha
Ph: (763) 764-2201
Pager: (612) 661-2772
Email: Bijay.Shrestha at genmills.com
"WebFlow gets the right information to the right people at the right time!"