To Disable the "Workflow Attachment Button" in SAP Workplace

Dart, Jocelyn jocelyn.dart at sap.com
Tue Oct 14 19:32:33 EDT 2003

Hi Vinod,
GOS attachments use the BDS technique to create attachments and link them to an object.
Workitems use ordinary SAPOffice documents to link to a work item.
So attempting to deregister "WORKITEM" doesn't make sense in this context and won't achieve the
desired result.  There's no authorisation setting either that you could use that would affect only attachments on work items.

So your options are either a modification e.g. in function module SWL_WI_NOTE_CREATE, user training, or use an inbox that does not permit attachments or makes adding attachments difficult, or create your own inbox.

I think a modification is too severe - you are bound to come across situations where BDS is not available and you do need attachments, e.g. when processing user decisions. My suggestion would be to add further instructions in the long text of the relevant tasks and include it in user training. You can use a SAPscript style standard text if you want to include the same text block in multiple tasks.
Regards,
        Jocelyn Dart
Consultant (SRM, EBP, Workflow)
and co-author of the book