Issues with SELFITEM-PRINTTASKDESCRBATCH

Rick Sample Rick.Sample at gbe.com
Tue Oct 7 15:03:12 EDT 2003

>>No Admin found...
I refreshed the buffers and no more 'No Admin...'. that is solved. (Simply forgot!)

The problem is that is works "sometimes"! Not consistent. I don't see
anything the user is doing abnormally. Just does not work all the time.
Timing issues? Some intermediate wait step?
* Note: We are using something called VPOM. Print spooler of some sort.

I just looked at all my Def and Tasks. All are marked 'Not Defined'!
What should it be and what is the differences? These WFs have been
working for 6 months. Need to set to <what> and on what client? Dev and
re-transport? I must have missed something...

I have switch DEF and ALL Tasks to "Implemented". What should these be set to?

Rick,

        Check that the release status on the workflow template or on the
task did not get reset to 'Not defined'.

Charlie

4.6C
I have a decision task with Approve / Reject / Print.

For the Print option, it calls the next Task which is a
SELFITEM-PRINTTASKDESCRBATCH. I have Advance with Dialog checked.
Both tasks, the decision task and print task are General Tasks with Agents

defined by Role res. If it does not find the agent I have it set to
Terminate if role
res fails. These are in a loop.

Now,
In Dev the user clicks the Print option and sends correctly to the defined

printer.
It keeps the decision task on the screen like I would expect it to. i.e
the user
does not have to go back into the inbox and reopen the task for the
Approve / reject.

But I am experiencing issues in production. The user selects the print
option and
then it disappears from the inbox and stuck with No Administrator found.
I am getting security to apply a role to the tasks in question, but I
don't understand why
it is working in dev and Qa but intermittently fails in prod.

Any know issues or suggestions?

Thanks
Rick