How can I disallow the forwarding of workitems of a general task

Paul Batey paul.batey at intelligroup.com.au
Thu Nov 27 04:34:21 EST 2003

I have an idea for this that I've never used, and it may impact system
performance (especially if you have a lot of user ids).  Create a method
that selects all user names (with a US in front) except the proper
agent(s).  Get this into the workflow container and use the element as
the excluded agent for the step.  As you can never forward a workitem to
an excluded agent, you now have a general task that in effect cannot be
forwarded.

This will work, but it is pretty rubbish because:

1) Several thousand entries in the workflow container will create untold
havoc with huge persistant entries.
2) You have to use a dreaded background task to get the info into the
workflow container.  Minor compared to point 1.

I await people to shoot this down in flames.  Surely there is a better
way to do this in < 4.7 systems.

Cheers,

Paul