Workflow Deadline Monitoring Question

Josefek, Richard RJosefek at MassMutual.com
Tue Nov 18 16:06:16 EST 2003

> We've run into a problem that I'm hoping you can shed some light on for us.=
 =
 We've had a problem occurring in our Production environment since last =
December, 2002.  Recently, these problems have been causing our clients a lot=
 =
of work to monitor and resolve.  Here's a synopsis:
>=20
> We use Maestro to control Workflow deadline monitoring.  Maestro runs =
SWWDHEX on a schedule that our clients have requested.  We do not use SAP.  =
However, last December, configuration for the SAP controlling of deadline =
monitoring was turned on in our Production environment by an SAP consultant. =
 =
We immediately corrected the situation and turned it off.  However, this has =
caused a series of problems that we have yet to recover from. =20
>=20
> Individuals approving within one of two workflows were causing the SWWDHEX =
to instantiate in SAP (without their knowledge).  Once, this happens, it =
continues every 10 minutes.   One of the things we did to prevent this from =
happening was remove security from each individual.  However, we have found =
this is not a good solution because every once in a while (under conditions w=
e=
 cannot determine) a client will receive an error message "Background job =
SWWDHEX cannot be scheduled (error 6)".  Some of these clients will notice th=
e=
 error message and try to approve the document again and the second time they=
 =
are successful.
>=20
> We are assuming that the configuration that was turned on has somehow cause=
d=
 this irrevocable process to begin, even though we have shut it off.  We thin=
k=
 that somewhere in the SAP environment, there is some trigger that is causing=
 =
this job to run.  (Perhaps an assumption in the code that if we are not using=
 =
permanent deadline monitoring, we must be using periodic instead of checking =
table values=3F)=20
>=20
> Any assistance you can provide on what triggers there might be in SAP that =
would cause this to happen would be much appreciated!
>=20
> Thanks!
Rick

This e-mail transmission may contain information that is proprietary, =
privileged and/or confidential and is intended exclusively for the person(s) =
to whom it is addressed. Any use, copying, retention or disclosure by any =
person other than the intended recipient or the intended recipient's designee=
s=
 is strictly prohibited. If you are not the intended recipient or their =
designee, please notify the sender immediately by return e-mail and delete al=
l=
 copies.=20