How to restrict workflow launches ?

Paul Batey Paul.Batey at intelligroup.com.au
Thu Nov 6 18:54:07 EST 2003

If you saw my code you would not bestow the lofty title of programmer
upon me.  The reason I like check FMs is because the whole linkage
information is in one place, i.e. relatively transparent.  Start
conditions are transparent to the extent of being easily readable but
what is the result?  A check function that looks at the start condition!
No matter how drag and drop you make workflow builder, workflow is
fundamentally a technical beast.  Knowing how check FMs, receiver FMs,
alternate binding FMs, role FMs work just give you more options to build
the most reliable solution.  How many times have you seen a workflow
built with needless background steps getting information?  Sure it works
but it is not the most efficient way.  Sometimes a start condition is
fine, sometimes it is not.  Sometimes an event is raised but the data
for the object has not been updated so the start condition will fail.
Sometimes not.

Cheers,

Paul