Purchase Requisition Approval Role Resolution User Exit (M06B0001) Examples

ritatimmons ritatimmons at swbell.net
Wed Nov 5 17:27:07 EST 2003

I am looking for some examples of how to code the user-exit M06B0001 for
purchase requisition approval workflow role resolutions.  Currently I have
my approval strategies working with the standard workflow configured in
table T16FW.  However, I used Jobs for each level of release codes to
minimize the configuration I had to do (L1 - Supervisor, L2 - Manager,
L3-VP, L4 - President).  I am using the org chart (without HR).  The problem
I am having is that when it sends the work item to a L1 approval - all users
with the job of Supervisor is getting the work items.  I would like this to
go to the requisitioners supervisor only.  I am using the overall release
strategy and I am on SAP 4.6c.

Is this as simple as creating a new rule such as a Responsibilty rule (if I
change my mind and want the workitems to flow based on cost center) or using
a pre-configured responsible agent assignment and calling this rule from the
user-exit using code similar to the program ZTESTRULE in the Practical
Workflow book (page 275)?

If anyone can provide examples of how they have done this at their company,
that would be a big help.

Regards,
Rita