Business object as attachment to SAP Office mail ?

viveka.schwartz@implema.se viveka.schwartz at implema.se
Tue Nov 4 04:17:00 EST 2003

Hello Karen and Jocelyn,

Displaying the business object (sales order) via a secondary method would
be an option.  Thank you Karen for this idea.

However, having the possibility to display the sales order - only on
request - via an attachment link would fit better in my case.

Thank you Jocelyn for hinting about the API-functions.
I found  FM SO_NEW_DOCUMENT_ATT_SEND_API1  which solves my problem. (This
FM is well documented as well !)
Basically it's the same FM used by RSWUWFML.

However, strange is that you'll have to program your own method just to
send a simple raw text mail with an attached SAP business object -
especially since we have this nice method SENDTASKDESCRIPTION in standard,
which seems like it easily could be extended with this functionality since
it already allows attachments of object type SOFM.
I'll put a development request on this to see what the development
department thinks.

Best regards
Viveka

"Weaver, Karen" <Karen.Weaver at Sonopress.com>
Sent by: SAP Workflow <Owner-SAP-WUG at MITVMA.MIT.EDU>
2003-10-22 15:29
Please respond to SAP Workflow Users' Group