Attachments

Vinod Ramchandani vinod.ramchandani at patni.com
Wed May 28 05:34:34 EDT 2003

Hi Workflowers,
After Complete exercise, to bring the old attachments to the next fresh
instance of workflow, I have come on the conclusion that it is not as simple
as i have thought.

I have thought that simply finding out the prevous attachment on workitem
and appending them to the new workflow instance via normal programming
steps, It should be possible to bring old attachments.
But, It is not seems to be so.
It should be a tedious exercise which will include complete understanding of
Document Repository systm...How exactly the Document are get attached and
stored on Document Server.

I have come across the one confusion about the DocType in Container
Debugger.
Can Anybody flash some light on it?
What is the difference between Doc-Type: C141 and Doc-Type: o090 While
Container Binding?
Runtime whatever attachment i would be making that are passed as of type
"o090", but All prevous attachments which i have attached via normal
container operation are of type "C141".
Element of type "o090" are displayed corectly, where "C141" are prompting
the following error.
------------
(:-
The method ended with an exception
Message no. SO 482

Diagnosis
You have tried to call a method which is not correctly implemented in the
selected object type. The method therefore ended with an exception.

System Response
The system cannot execute the function.

Procedure
Maintain the method of this object type in the Business Object Repository or
contact your administrator.
):-
Thanks to Christophe,Kjetil for their valuable help.

- Vinod.