RSWUWFML - forwarded workitems not selected

Soady, Phil phil.soady at sap.com
Fri May 23 10:41:04 EDT 2003

Wouldn't be the first time I saw a customized version of RSWUWFML.
Check the logic in the code around the TIME calculation very carefully.
Now imagine what happens to the exact second... if a workitem was created
in the same second that the report claims to checked until.

ie READ UPTO 02:20:31 but the physically the system had just clicked to over
to 02:20:31  the second 31 is 1 second long. In this second  a new workitem could be
created.  On top of that, the system needs some physical time after building the
SWWWIHEAD  record with the timestamp, to physically create it.

ie the record with the time 02:20:31 my not physically be visible to
other processes for some seconds later due to the physical write commit work.

I made new version to actually work on a slight delay.
This also allows for the Workitems that may be processed immediately online,
or be terminated quickly by some event to be killed before sending them out.

So add you issue with the creation time of the record and other time points
ie when forwarded, you have room for improvement.
The logic gets tricky if the original person should NOT receive a new mail
telling them about the item they just forwarded !!!

Your problem I see as a weakness and not a bug. But you may care to argue otherwise.
regards
Phil.

Phil Soady
Senior Consultant