RSWUWFML - forwarded workitems not selected

Robin Sahasranam Rsahasranam at worldbank.org
Fri May 23 10:00:18 EDT 2003

Greetings,

I have been testing the report RSWUWFML which sends emails to users when they
have new workitems in their Inbox. One limitation I have run into is that if a
user forwards a workitem to another user and the workitem was created prior to
the job's latest run, then the item is not selected for the email alert. The
report apparently uses the creation timestamp of the workitem from SWWWIHEAD,
which does not change when a workitem is forwarded. When a workitem is forwarded
to a user, it is a "new" workitem for the user, regardless of when it was
originally created. Not including forwarded workitems in our email alerts would
be seen as a serious shortcoming by our users.

As far as I know, the information on forwarded workitems is available in
SWWLOGHIST. One way for us to include the forwarded items would be to modify the
report and select from SWWLOGHIST using METHOD, METH_EDATE METH_ETIME. Unless we
build a new index on these fields it will take too long to run.

Has any of you faced this issue and did you find a way to include forwarded
workitems? Would love to hear your suggestions. Thanks in advance.

Robin Sahasranam
World Bank