Deadlines and forwarding....

Michael Pokraka workflow at quirky.me.uk
Mon May 19 05:36:27 EDT 2003

Hi all,
Here's an interesting one:

An agent is determine and put into a container element. Task is sent out to this agent with a modelled deadline.
The modelled deadline sends reminders, but if the agents forwards the item (s)he still gets the reminder.

The obvious solution is to put the whole thing into a loop, but this is not an option (I think) because duration statistics are important.
Thus if we were to e.g. put a one day deadline on the task and have it loop, then the longest any task would take is one day. Aside from that, forwarding still needs to be taken into account so that it doesn't loop back to the original agent.

Any ideas welcome,
Cheers
Mike