How to put conditional coding in Task Description

Soady, Phil phil.soady at sap.com
Fri May 16 12:01:52 EDT 2003

Yes it is possible as you wished...
Enter the task long text,
Change editor mode.

Now You see.

__ ___bla______________
__ ___bla_______________

2 byte field and the large text area.

The trick is the first field is normally a format command but it can contain
Sapscript command indicator.

ie /:   is the sapscript command paragraph type.

so your text looks like this:

/: IF &A& = 'bla'
*  &CONTAINER_VAR_A&   show this field
/: ELSE
*  &CONTAINER_VAR_B&  something else displayed based on if test
/: ENDIF

hth

Phil Soady
Senior Consultant