Workflow without an Org Structure 4.0B

Sandra Cambell scampb31 at csc.com.au
Thu May 15 19:59:12 EDT 2003

Hi Everyone,

I am a novice in the Workflow area so am hoping that someone can help.  A
customer that we supply SAP support (4.0B) to has decided to outsource
their HR/Payroll application.

They currently use workflow in a very limited way with EDI.  I am using the
term 'workflow' loosely as they appear to only use stand alone single step
tasks.  Presently agents are determine via the Org Unit.  I have identified
17 tasks assigned to that Org.Unit.  Of these only 5 have triggering events
and of these 5 I can only find workitems for 2 (SWI1 - 01.01.2002 to
15.03.2003).

It has been proposed (by HR/Payroll consultant) that we assign the tasks to
an activity group and then assign that activity group to the user via SU01.
This way the IS Security dept will control who receives the workitems.  HR
department will not maintain the current org.structure and there doesn't
appear to be anyone who is willing to maintain a simple org.structure for
the workflow.

Your input is most appreciated.

Sandra Campbell