Delegating a standard SAP business object child to its parent

Kjetil Kilhavn kjetilk at statoil.com
Wed May 14 00:57:24 EDT 2003

I can think of one reason. If SAP has created a subobjecttype instead of
simply enhancing BUS2038 they probably had a (good) reason....
Our version 4.6C system doesn't contain the subtype. If there is no change
in the inherited parts (no redefinitions) then in theory the delegation
shouldn't make any difference.

But as someone pointed out here recently (and this wise saying has been
borrowed many times since then): The difference between theory and
practice? In theory there is no difference.
--
Kjetil Kilhavn

|--------+-------------------------------->
|        |          "Dywan, Abby"         |
|        |          <adywan at clarkstonconsu|
|        |          lting.com>            |
|        |          Sent by: SAP Workflow |
|        |          <Owner-SAP-WUG at MITVMA.|
|        |          MIT.EDU>              |
|        |                                |
|        |                                |
|        |          13.05.2003 23:47      |
|        |          Please respond to "SAP|
|        |          Workflow Users' Group"|
|        |                                |
|--------+-------------------------------->
  >-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------|
  |                                                                                                           |
  |       To:     SAP-WUG at MITVMA.MIT.EDU                                                                      |
  |       cc:     (bcc: Kjetil Kilhavn)                                                                       |
  |       Subject:     Delegating a standard SAP business object child to its parent                          |
  >-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------|

Hi fellow workflow users -

I am looking to complete the a service notification attached to a service
order business object.  The service order business object has the service
notification as an attribute.  However, the business object that serves as
an attribute (bus2038) doesn't contain the method to complete the service
notification.  However, a child of the business object (BUS2038a) does
contain this logic.  I'd really like to be able to use this business object
/ method instead of having to code my own.

Does anybody know of any reason why I couldn't delegate the standard SAP
business object child to its parent in order to take advantage of this
functionality within the service order?  I've never tried it before and I
thought I should see if anyone had any serious warnings first...

Any advice would be appreciated - thanks!
Abby   :)

Abby Dywan

Clarkston Consulting
adywan at clarkstonconsulting.com