System.GenericInstantiate vs. CREATE OBJECT

Dart, Jocelyn jocelyn.dart at sap.com
Sun May 4 18:55:55 EDT 2003

Hi Robert,
I have used system.genericinstantiate frequently in workflows and continue to do so and it works fine.
If you are having problems in a particular release then I suggest you report it to OSS.
Remember you need to create workflow container element of the relevant object type in your workflow and
bind that to the task, i.e. your input is object type and object key, your output is the object instance
- don't forget you need to use the "show lines" button to grab the correct output parameter as of course _Wi_object_id
is not relevant with an instance-independent method.
Regards,
        Jocelyn Dart
Consultant (SRM, EBP, Workflow)
and co-author of the book